Friday, September 11, 2009

Military


So today is the day my cousin Major W. Don gets sent out of state first to Georgia then to Afghanistan... Oh how I hate this time, because he's just not my cousin but also like one of my big brothers... Although he's been overseas multiple times it's still an uncomfortable feeling... I cannot imagine what his wife and children are going through right now... It's going to be hard I know that much... I also have another brother Scott K. who has just re-enlisted back into the Army... Why?? He says that's all he knows and he doesn't like civilian life... He should be taking off to Fort Sill, OK in November... He's been in the Army for 6 years before and went on two tours overseas which I did not like... My Mother was a wreck during those times, I'll admit I would shed tears some nights just thinking about him for he's one of my younger brother's and I love him dearly as I do all my kinfolk... Hearing the news on these men and women losing their lives while overseas has my heart broken and thinking of each mother, father, brother, sister, wife, son, daughter, and granparents on what they're going through... My heart goes out to all Military troops both men and women who are serving and protecting our country for freedom... Just to sit and have a cup of coffee on a typical day is what our troops fight for, FREEDOM!! The freedom to wake up in the morning and smell the coffee, to walk outside freely, to go out and bring your children to school, to do everyday things in life you possibly cannot do in other countries... My prayers, thoughts, and heart goes out to all troops overseas, here in the US and those that are being deployed... May the Good Lord Bless You All!!

No comments:

Post a Comment